Bringing together the finest and most forward thinking Data Experts. Hello from the TLA DataTech Working Group
Who are the TLA?Tech London Advocates was founded by Russ Shaw and is an unrivalled collection of tech leaders, experts and investors uniting to form the most influential independent, private sector group in London.
More than 3,300 Advocates champion, connect and support London’s technology sector.
Learn more at techlondonadvocates.org.uk
Our aim is to "Promote the understanding in the value of Data"
How do we solve real world challenges using data? How do we improve our lives while protecting our personal data? What and where is the trade off?
We've heard about the Internet of Things, home automation, car connectivity, now let's see some disruption. Let's challenge how things have always been done.
Big Data! Ha! In 5 years we will look back and call that little data! We struggle with the volume of data today so let's build businesses to solve these data challenges today and for tomorrow.
How can we keep refreshing our data skills as new technologies emerge, new challenges arise and the demand for fresh intelligence grows.
How can we learn from each other to keep iterating, stand on the shoulders of giants, fail forward?
How do we improve our lives while protecting our personal data? What and where is the trade off?
How do we get more people into Data. There is a shortage, there is demand, let's support the next generation with the right career path.
Kam RafiqueThe Lead
Kam has worked in Data & Analytics since 2002 at companies such as Microsoft, Expedia, BBC, Fidelity Investments and BT. He founded Venturr, AnalyticsList and also heads up the TLA DataTech Working Group.
Josh WalkerThe People Guy
With experience hiring talent in the Data & Technology world, Josh works with exciting technology start-up’s through to corporates embracing digital transformation. Josh is the co-founder of D&DC Data & Technology, a recruitment consultancy.
Waseem AliThe Business Intelligence Guy
Waseem has a passion for using data to support businesses’ in decision-making. Waseem is a Tableau Desktop Qualified Associate and currently co-founder at Cloudstream Partners, an Analytics & Business Intelligence consultancy.
Martin LepkaThe Data Democratisation Guy
Martin loves data and wants everyone to learn about data! Martin is a director at Keboola, a platform to collate and integrate data, as well as co-founder of the Data Foundry which helps people get into data and build out their expertise.
Data News & Team Blog Posts
- This Is How You Move From Reporting Into Serious Data Analytics - ForbesPosted on 29 March 2017 | 11:00 pm | Google News
- My Biz: Annex Analytics is in support of more data - The Gazette: Eastern Iowa Breaking News and HeadlinesPosted on 29 March 2017 | 4:24 pm | Google News
- This Is How To Save Jobs And Your Business With Data Analytics - ForbesPosted on 29 March 2017 | 2:38 pm | Google News
- How Enhanced Connectivity Benefits Analytics and Big Data - Techzone360Posted on 29 March 2017 | 2:09 pm | Google News
- Reminder: Save 98% On The Big Data & Analytics Master Toolkit - Geeky GadgetsPosted on 29 March 2017 | 1:50 pm | Google News
- Tracking phones: Insurers deny claims based on doubtful dataPosted on 29 March 2017 | 10:53 am | BingNews
- How Enhanced Connectivity Benefits Analytics and Big DataPosted on 29 March 2017 | 10:48 am | BingNews
- Real-Time Analytics: Streaming Big Data for Business IntelligencePosted on 29 March 2017 | 8:18 am | BingNews
- This Is How To Save Jobs And Your Business With Data AnalyticsPosted on 29 March 2017 | 8:17 am | BingNews
- Data analytics helps VA become more efficient and ultimately improve services to VeteransPosted on 29 March 2017 | 5:39 am | BingNews
- Big Data’s Transformation of the Manufacturing IndustryPosted on 29 March 2017 | 3:48 am | BingNews
- Stream Analytics Data Lake Store outputPosted on 29 March 2017 | 1:24 am | BingNews
- Using reference data or lookup tables in a Stream Analytics input streamPosted on 29 March 2017 | 1:24 am | BingNews
- Big data for engineers and scientists, part 2: Analyzing, processing, and creating modelsPosted on 28 March 2017 | 5:32 pm | BingNews
- A Revolutionary Wave of Internet-Data Analytics - PeerLogix (OTC PINK: LOGX)Posted on 28 March 2017 | 7:59 am | BingNews
- Improving Customer Experience through Predictive Behavioural Analytics Meetup with TLA DataTech and…Posted on 7 October 2016 | 2:42 pm | DataTech - Medium
- Disrupting the digital talent gap – the power of LyndaPosted on 9 October 2015 | 8:19 pm | D&DC Data & Technology » D&DC Data & Technology |
- Corporate accelerators…waste of time & money?Posted on 5 October 2015 | 10:40 pm | D&DC Data & Technology » D&DC Data & Technology |
- On demand disruption – the knowledge economyPosted on 2 October 2015 | 10:40 pm | D&DC Data & Technology » D&DC Data & Technology |
- iDisrupted Live – Retail Q&A – Annabel Kilner, Made.com and Baz Saidieh, TruestartPosted on 30 September 2015 | 9:04 pm | D&DC Data & Technology » D&DC Data & Technology |
- Disrupting boardsPosted on 30 July 2015 | 8:30 pm | D&DC Data & Technology » D&DC Data & Technology |
- Disrupted Graduate Recruitment – the rise of mobilePosted on 24 July 2015 | 8:33 pm | D&DC Data & Technology » D&DC Data & Technology |
- Disrupted Talent – Too big to innovate?Posted on 5 June 2015 | 8:37 pm | D&DC Data & Technology » D&DC Data & Technology |
- Chief Disruption officer / Story Teller / Innovation Officer – has to be more than a c-suite title!Posted on 3 June 2015 | 8:42 pm | D&DC Data & Technology » D&DC Data & Technology |