Bringing together the finest and most forward thinking Data Experts. Hello from TLA DataTech
Who are the TLA?Tech London Advocates was founded by Russ Shaw and is an unrivalled collection of tech leaders, experts and investors uniting to form the most influential independent, private sector group in London.
More than 5,000 Advocates champion, connect and support London’s technology sector.
Learn more at techlondonadvocates.org.uk
Our aim is to "Promote the understanding in the value of Data"
How do we solve real world challenges using data? How do we improve our lives while protecting our personal data? What and where is the trade off?
We've heard about the Internet of Things, home automation, car connectivity, now let's see some disruption. Let's challenge how things have always been done.
Big Data! Ha! In 5 years we will look back and call that little data! We struggle with the volume of data today so let's build businesses to solve these data challenges today and for tomorrow.
How can we keep refreshing our data skills as new technologies emerge, new challenges arise and the demand for fresh intelligence grows.
How can we learn from each other to keep iterating, stand on the shoulders of giants, fail forward?
How do we improve our lives while protecting our personal data? What and where is the trade off?
How do we get more people into Data. There is a shortage, there is demand, let's support the next generation with the right career path.
Kam RafiqueThe Lead
Kam has worked in Data & Analytics since 2002 at companies such as Microsoft, Expedia, BBC, Fidelity Investments and BT. He founded Venturr, AnalyticsList and also heads up the TLA DataTech Working Group.
Josh WalkerThe People Guy
With experience hiring talent in the Data & Technology world, Josh works with exciting technology start-up’s through to corporates embracing digital transformation. Josh is the co-founder of D&DC Data & Technology, a recruitment consultancy.
Waseem AliThe Business Intelligence Guy
Waseem has a passion for using data to support businesses’ in decision-making. Waseem is a Tableau Desktop Qualified Associate and currently co-founder at Cloudstream Partners, an Analytics & Business Intelligence consultancy.
Martin LepkaThe Data Democratisation Guy
Martin loves data and wants everyone to learn about data! Martin is a director at Keboola, a platform to collate and integrate data, as well as co-founder of the Data Foundry which helps people get into data and build out their expertise.
Data News & Team Blog Posts
- The data analytics firm that helped Trump to power claims to have operated in Malaysia - The Edge Markets MYPosted on 20 March 2018 | 6:12 am | data analytics - Google News
- Data analytics and its impact on your business - MemeburnPosted on 20 March 2018 | 6:00 am | data analytics - Google News
- Creating Value with Big Data Analytics (book review)Posted on 20 March 2018 | 12:23 am | data analytics - BingNews
- Big Data & Analytics for Pharma SummitPosted on 19 March 2018 | 11:57 pm | data analytics - BingNews
- Data analytics and its impact on your businessPosted on 19 March 2018 | 11:00 pm | data analytics - BingNews
- Fighting Fraud by Integrating Data-driven Analytics with ForensicsPosted on 19 March 2018 | 9:20 pm | data analytics - BingNews
- How data analytics is turned into a political tool - The Straits TimesPosted on 19 March 2018 | 9:05 pm | data analytics - Google News
- Meltwater has acquired DataSift to double down on social media analytics - TechCrunchPosted on 19 March 2018 | 7:20 pm | data analytics - Google News
- Facebook Suspends Data Analytics Firm With Ties to Trump Campaign for Harvesting Voter DataPosted on 19 March 2018 | 5:26 pm | data analytics - BingNews
- Data Analytics May Help Increase Bar Passage RatesPosted on 19 March 2018 | 5:23 pm | data analytics - BingNews
- High Performance Data Analytics Market Expected to Reach 78.26 Billion USD by 2021Posted on 19 March 2018 | 5:12 pm | data analytics - BingNews
- Milliman's gradient A.I.Posted on 19 March 2018 | 3:03 pm | data analytics - Google News
- Tech's Next Big Wave: Big Data Meets Biology - FortunePosted on 19 March 2018 | 10:30 am | data analytics - Google News
- Gartner issues four-part prescription for data and analytics leadersPosted on 19 March 2018 | 9:15 am | data analytics - BingNews
- As GDPR Looms, Trusting in a Trust for Data Analytics and Protection - PYMNTS.comPosted on 19 March 2018 | 8:02 am | data analytics - Google News
- London Tech Week 2017 — Which Data events to attend?Posted on 7 June 2017 | 8:36 pm | DataTech - Medium
- Improving Customer Experience through Predictive Behavioural Analytics Meetup with TLA DataTech and…Posted on 7 October 2016 | 2:42 pm | DataTech - Medium