Bringing together the finest and most forward thinking Data Experts. Hello from the TLA DataTech Working Group
Who are the TLA?Tech London Advocates was founded by Russ Shaw and is an unrivalled collection of tech leaders, experts and investors uniting to form the most influential independent, private sector group in London.
More than 3,300 Advocates champion, connect and support London’s technology sector.
Learn more at techlondonadvocates.org.uk
Our aim is to "Promote the understanding in the value of Data"
How do we solve real world challenges using data? How do we improve our lives while protecting our personal data? What and where is the trade off?
We've heard about the Internet of Things, home automation, car connectivity, now let's see some disruption. Let's challenge how things have always been done.
Big Data! Ha! In 5 years we will look back and call that little data! We struggle with the volume of data today so let's build businesses to solve these data challenges today and for tomorrow.
How can we keep refreshing our data skills as new technologies emerge, new challenges arise and the demand for fresh intelligence grows.
How can we learn from each other to keep iterating, stand on the shoulders of giants, fail forward?
How do we improve our lives while protecting our personal data? What and where is the trade off?
How do we get more people into Data. There is a shortage, there is demand, let's support the next generation with the right career path.
Get ready to rock in...
Kam RafiqueThe Lead
Kam has worked in Data & Analytics since 2002 at companies such as Microsoft, Expedia, BBC, Fidelity Investments and BT. He founded Venturr, AnalyticsList and also heads up the TLA DataTech Working Group.
Josh WalkerThe People Guy
With experience hiring talent in the Data & Technology world, Josh works with exciting technology start-up’s through to corporates embracing digital transformation. Josh is the co-founder of D&DC Data & Technology, a recruitment consultancy.
Waseem AliThe Business Intelligence Guy
Waseem has a passion for using data to support businesses’ in decision-making. Waseem is a Tableau Desktop Qualified Associate and currently co-founder at Cloudstream Partners, an Analytics & Business Intelligence consultancy.
Martin LepkaThe Data Democratisation Guy
Martin loves data and wants everyone to learn about data! Martin is a director at Keboola, a platform to collate and integrate data, as well as co-founder of the Data Foundry which helps people get into data and build out their expertise.
Data News & Team Blog Posts
- Canada's 'us and them cities': data shows most homes are too small – or too bigPosted on 27 May 2017 | 5:04 am | BingNews
- Data and analytics are the new MVPs of healthcare, a fireside chat on disruptive innovation for better healthcare at ...Posted on 27 May 2017 | 1:03 am | Google News
- Jared Kushner In His Own Words On The Trump Data Operation The FBI Is Reportedly Probing - ForbesPosted on 26 May 2017 | 7:23 pm | Google News
- Startups That Tackle Big Data Analytics Will Win BigPosted on 26 May 2017 | 6:42 pm | BingNews
- Application Analytics Market: Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast up to 2024Posted on 26 May 2017 | 5:43 pm | BingNews
- Google AnalyticsPosted on 26 May 2017 | 4:17 pm | BingNews
- Civic Analytics Network: Helping Cities Unlock the Power of DataPosted on 26 May 2017 | 9:26 am | BingNews
- Amazon Kinesis vs.Posted on 26 May 2017 | 9:07 am | BingNews
- Clickstream Analysis and Data Mining Techniques 101: An IntroductionPosted on 26 May 2017 | 8:55 am | BingNews
- New York City Data Analytics Czar Moves to Private Sector - Government TechnologyPosted on 25 May 2017 | 10:59 pm | Google News
- Commonwealth launches AU$131m data analytics policy-shaping ...Posted on 25 May 2017 | 1:58 am | Google News
- Cloudera launches new PaaS offering to boost big data analytics in the cloud - TechRepublicPosted on 24 May 2017 | 2:27 pm | Google News
- Data Scientists vs.Posted on 24 May 2017 | 2:00 am | BingNews
- Five Tips for Chief Analytics Officers and CDOs to Improve DecisionsPosted on 24 May 2017 | 2:00 am | BingNews
- Big data, analytics skills in hot demand amid tech boom - TODAYonlinePosted on 23 May 2017 | 10:56 am | Google News
- Improving Customer Experience through Predictive Behavioural Analytics Meetup with TLA DataTech and…Posted on 7 October 2016 | 2:42 pm | DataTech - Medium
- Disrupting the digital talent gap – the power of LyndaPosted on 9 October 2015 | 8:19 pm | D&DC Data & Technology » D&DC Data & Technology |
- Corporate accelerators…waste of time & money?Posted on 5 October 2015 | 10:40 pm | D&DC Data & Technology » D&DC Data & Technology |
- On demand disruption – the knowledge economyPosted on 2 October 2015 | 10:40 pm | D&DC Data & Technology » D&DC Data & Technology |
- iDisrupted Live – Retail Q&A – Annabel Kilner, Made.com and Baz Saidieh, TruestartPosted on 30 September 2015 | 9:04 pm | D&DC Data & Technology » D&DC Data & Technology |
- Disrupting boardsPosted on 30 July 2015 | 8:30 pm | D&DC Data & Technology » D&DC Data & Technology |
- Disrupted Graduate Recruitment – the rise of mobilePosted on 24 July 2015 | 8:33 pm | D&DC Data & Technology » D&DC Data & Technology |
- Disrupted Talent – Too big to innovate?Posted on 5 June 2015 | 8:37 pm | D&DC Data & Technology » D&DC Data & Technology |
- Chief Disruption officer / Story Teller / Innovation Officer – has to be more than a c-suite title!Posted on 3 June 2015 | 8:42 pm | D&DC Data & Technology » D&DC Data & Technology |