Bringing together the finest and most forward thinking Data Experts. Hello from the TLA DataTech Working Group
Who are the TLA?Tech London Advocates was founded by Russ Shaw and is an unrivalled collection of tech leaders, experts and investors uniting to form the most influential independent, private sector group in London.
More than 4,000 Advocates champion, connect and support London’s technology sector.
Learn more at techlondonadvocates.org.uk
Our aim is to "Promote the understanding in the value of Data"
How do we solve real world challenges using data? How do we improve our lives while protecting our personal data? What and where is the trade off?
We've heard about the Internet of Things, home automation, car connectivity, now let's see some disruption. Let's challenge how things have always been done.
Big Data! Ha! In 5 years we will look back and call that little data! We struggle with the volume of data today so let's build businesses to solve these data challenges today and for tomorrow.
How can we keep refreshing our data skills as new technologies emerge, new challenges arise and the demand for fresh intelligence grows.
How can we learn from each other to keep iterating, stand on the shoulders of giants, fail forward?
How do we improve our lives while protecting our personal data? What and where is the trade off?
How do we get more people into Data. There is a shortage, there is demand, let's support the next generation with the right career path.
Kam RafiqueThe Lead
Kam has worked in Data & Analytics since 2002 at companies such as Microsoft, Expedia, BBC, Fidelity Investments and BT. He founded Venturr, AnalyticsList and also heads up the TLA DataTech Working Group.
Josh WalkerThe People Guy
With experience hiring talent in the Data & Technology world, Josh works with exciting technology start-up’s through to corporates embracing digital transformation. Josh is the co-founder of D&DC Data & Technology, a recruitment consultancy.
Waseem AliThe Business Intelligence Guy
Waseem has a passion for using data to support businesses’ in decision-making. Waseem is a Tableau Desktop Qualified Associate and currently co-founder at Cloudstream Partners, an Analytics & Business Intelligence consultancy.
Martin LepkaThe Data Democratisation Guy
Martin loves data and wants everyone to learn about data! Martin is a director at Keboola, a platform to collate and integrate data, as well as co-founder of the Data Foundry which helps people get into data and build out their expertise.
Data News & Team Blog Posts
- Nasscom identifies key job roles in big data analytics - ETTelecom.comPosted on 24 June 2017 | 4:23 am | Google News
- Data analytics student brings century-old data to life, wins global contest - Penn State NewsPosted on 23 June 2017 | 7:36 pm | Google News
- How to Integrate Data and Analytics into Every Part of Your Organization - Harvard Business ReviewPosted on 23 June 2017 | 4:17 pm | Google News
- India has job vacancies for 50,000 data analytics professionals ...Posted on 23 June 2017 | 11:29 am | Google News
- Distributed Analytics Meets Distributed Data with a World Wide HerdPosted on 23 June 2017 | 10:02 am | BingNews
- How to Integrate Data and Analytics into Every Part of Your OrganizationPosted on 23 June 2017 | 9:21 am | BingNews
- Big Oil turns to big data to save big money on drillingPosted on 23 June 2017 | 8:09 am | BingNews
- Updata Incorporates Platts Data into Analytics Workstation - www.waterstechnology.comPosted on 23 June 2017 | 7:44 am | Google News
- Not Doing Big Data in the Cloud? Better Get TherePosted on 23 June 2017 | 6:16 am | BingNews
- Data analytics can boost mental healthcare – trust CEOPosted on 23 June 2017 | 5:23 am | BingNews
- How Analytics Has Changed in the Last 10 Years (and How It's Stayed the Same) - Harvard Business ReviewPosted on 22 June 2017 | 3:13 pm | Google News
- Online MBA With Big Data Analytics To Combat UK Skills GapPosted on 22 June 2017 | 10:06 am | BingNews
- What are the key data analytics faced by NHS digital leaders?Posted on 22 June 2017 | 5:39 am | BingNews
- GOP data firm that exposed millions of Americans' personal information is facing its first class-action lawsuit - Business InsiderPosted on 21 June 2017 | 11:25 pm | Google News
- Data analytics: Five ways to make it work for your business - ZDNetPosted on 20 June 2017 | 11:30 am | Google News
- London Tech Week 2017 — Which Data events to attend?Posted on 7 June 2017 | 8:36 pm | DataTech - Medium
- Improving Customer Experience through Predictive Behavioural Analytics Meetup with TLA DataTech and…Posted on 7 October 2016 | 2:42 pm | DataTech - Medium
- Disrupting the digital talent gap – the power of LyndaPosted on 9 October 2015 | 8:19 pm | D&DC Data & Technology » D&DC Data & Technology |
- Corporate accelerators…waste of time & money?Posted on 5 October 2015 | 10:40 pm | D&DC Data & Technology » D&DC Data & Technology |
- On demand disruption – the knowledge economyPosted on 2 October 2015 | 10:40 pm | D&DC Data & Technology » D&DC Data & Technology |
- iDisrupted Live – Retail Q&A – Annabel Kilner, Made.com and Baz Saidieh, TruestartPosted on 30 September 2015 | 9:04 pm | D&DC Data & Technology » D&DC Data & Technology |
- Disrupting boardsPosted on 30 July 2015 | 8:30 pm | D&DC Data & Technology » D&DC Data & Technology |
- Disrupted Graduate Recruitment – the rise of mobilePosted on 24 July 2015 | 8:33 pm | D&DC Data & Technology » D&DC Data & Technology |
- Disrupted Talent – Too big to innovate?Posted on 5 June 2015 | 8:37 pm | D&DC Data & Technology » D&DC Data & Technology |
- Chief Disruption officer / Story Teller / Innovation Officer – has to be more than a c-suite title!Posted on 3 June 2015 | 8:42 pm | D&DC Data & Technology » D&DC Data & Technology |